One of the most common reasons WordPress releases upgrades is to fix known vulnerabilities. You may wonder each time whether it’s actually important to upgrade your WordPress site, and the answer is simple: yes. Because of how popular WordPress is—over a quarter of all sites online utilize WordPress—it’s a common target for hackers. For your WordPress site to consistently work properly and stay secure, making sure you stick with the latest version at all times is important.
The two main reasons someone might hesitate to upgrade WordPress to the latest version is because it takes time and you risk losing the functionality of a plugin that’s not yet compatible with the newest version. While those concerns are valid and understandable, the benefits of upgrading WordPress outweigh the potential risks.
- WordPress makes it very easy to upgrade to the newest version once it’s available. Prior to updating, we recommend that you make a full backup of your website files.
- When you’re logged into your WordPress account, look for Updates in the menu. If you see an orange circle next to the word with a number next to it, click on it.
- If WordPress is out of date, you’ll see a message telling you about the new version and a button you can press to make the upgrade.
- While you’re on this page, you can also quickly upgrade all your plugins and themes that are out of date as well. It’s a quick and easy way to make your website more secure.
Want us to complete the update for you? We have the following options available for you.
For a one time $29.95 fee, we will complete an update to the latest version of WordPress as well as update any plugins that are outdated, install a malware scanner and login protector.
*Keep in mind that this is a one time update. It does not handle ongoing updates to the WordPress software. *
WordPress Total Care
WordPress Total-Care is our complete solution for your WordPress website for a low monthly price. Our WordPress Total-Care package includes the hosting fees as well as the ongoing management of your WordPress site. Here is the list of features we include on an ongoing basis:
- Weekly Backups
- WP Core Updates
- Theme Updates
- Plugin Updates
- WP Security Bundle (Basic version)
- Vulnerability Checks
- Site Speed Profiler
- Site Speed Optimization
- Site Health Checks
- WP-Meta-SEO (Basic Version)