Earlier this week, WordPress 5.3 was released. The new block editor has been Named “Kirk” in honor of jazz multi-instrumentalist Rahsaan Roland Kirk. WordPress 5.3 expands and refines the block editor with more intuitive interactions and improved accessibility according to WordPress.
New features in the editor increase design freedoms, provide additional layout options and style variations to allow designers more control over the look of a site. It also introduces the Twenty Twenty theme giving the user more design flexibility and integration with the block editor.
This enhancement-focused update introduces over 150 new features and usability improvements, including improved large image support for uploading non-optimized, high-resolution pictures taken from your smartphone or other high-quality cameras.
WordPress 5.3 adds even more robust tools for creating amazing designs.
- The new Group block lets you easily divide your page into colorful sections.
- The Columns block now supports fixed column widths.
- The new predefined layouts make it a cinch to arrange content into advanced designs.
- Heading blocks now offer controls for text and background color.
- Additional style options allow you to set your preferred style for any block that supports this feature.
Unsure how to update to the latest WordPress 5.3, we can help! Contact our Sales department for assistance today!